Benefits of lemon peel tea
This simple remedy provides numerous health benefits and is very easy to prepare. Our lemons are not chemically treated, so they are perfect to take advantage of the peel as well.
Below we tell you more about the benefits of lemon peel tea and explain how to prepare it.
Lemon powder is prepared in the same way as orange powderIt is very simple and can be used for different applications in the kitchen and also for beauty.
Benefits of lemon peel
Lemon peel contains vitamin C, citronella, citric acid, malic acid, hesperidin, pectins and other positive substances for health.
Almost half of the beneficial substances in lemons are found in the peel, but because it has a bitter taste, most of the time the peel is discarded directly.
- The calcium and vitamin C in lemon peel prevent osteoporosis, inflammatory polyarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Despite its sour taste, lemon promotes blood alkalinity.
- Lemon peel is rich in flavonoids that normalize cholesterol levels.
- It strengthens the immune system due to its high vitamin C content.
- It promotes digestion, so lemon peel tea is perfect after main meals.
- In addition, it promotes liver health.
- Lemon peel also helps in the treatment of joint pain, it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 lemon from citrusricus.com
- Wash the lemon and squeeze it to obtain the juice.
- Add the peel to the water (along with the white part underneath as many of the beneficial substances are found in this layer).
- Boil everything for about 15 minutes.
- Then add the lemon juice.
- If you want, you can sweeten the tea with a little honey.
Add a little lemon zest to other infusions, it is also very tasty!
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges, fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.