Orange fruits - Properties and recipes
Orange is the color of joy joy and energy but fruits and vegetables of this color offer much more: they have an antioxidant effect and contain, among others, beta-carotene, vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Here a small summary of the benefits of these foods for our health:
- Antioxidants are able to prevent or slow cell oxidation. And, although they are not a miracle, they are recommended and beneficial as long as they are consumed naturally with a balanced diet.
- The beta-carotenes are natural pigments that give color to these fruits and vegetables. In the body they are transformed into vitamin A. Among other things, it is important for the development and growth of bones, for the growth and repair of skin, vision, hair and nails, and can also prevent infectious diseases.
- Vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system but it is also important for the synthesis and maintenance of tissues, skin conditions, the circulatory system, etc.
- Fiber is not only important for improving intestinal function, it is also associated with a lower incidence of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some types of cancer.
As you can see, there are enough reasons to consume one or more of these delicious fruits and vegetables every day.
Try these tasty smoothies. They are perfect for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
1. Orange, Strawberry and Peach Smoothie
This smoothie will help you eliminate toxins. Its flavor is really delicious.
- The freshly squeezed juice from 2 oranges from citrusricus.com*
- 1 peach
- 4 - 5 strawberries
Wash the strawberries and peach and blend all the ingredients in a blender. If your goal is to lose weight, you can add a teaspoon of chia seeds.
* In this video you can see how much juice our oranges contain!
2. Orange and pomegranate smoothie
This smoothie will help boost your immune system. Drink it on an empty stomach to prevent colds and flu this winter.
- The freshly squeezed juice of 2 oranges from citrusricus.com
- 1 pomegranate (small)
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
Pomegranate and blend all the ingredients in a blender, you'll see how tasty it is!
3. Orange and avocado smoothie
This smoothie is very nutritious and contains numerous beneficial properties for your health.
- The freshly squeezed juice from 2 oranges from citrusricus.com
- 1 banana (small)
- 2 pineapple slices (can be canned)
- 1 avocado (small)
Peel the avocado and the banana, chop them and blend all the ingredients in a blender. You can garnish this juice with some coconut.
4. Orange smoothie with turmeric
- The freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange from citrusricus.com
- 1 banana
- 1 small glass of coconut water
- half a teaspoon of turmeric
- half a teaspoon of powdered ginger
Peel the banana and blend all the ingredients in a blender. You'll love it!
All these smoothies are easy to prepare, delicious and very healthy - make up your own combinations!
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our website citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan on our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.