Mini cheesecakes with orange
Today's recipe is gluten, dairy, egg and sugar free. So these Mini Orange Cheesecakes are also recommended for all those people on special diets - a delicious orange-flavored dessert!
We would like to thank Zuzana from the blog Beyond gluten for this delicious recipe that can compete with any traditional dessert. Visit this blog, you will find some very creative and delicious recipes for diets free of gluten, dairy, sugar, etc.
Ingredients for 8 small cakes (7 cm in diameter).
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 8 dates
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- juice of ½ - 1 small lemon
- juice of 1 orange small or ½ large orange from citrusricus.com
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
- honey (for non-vegans) or agave according to taste
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- To garnish:
- ¼ orange slice
- a bit of grated orange peel
In addition you need a good food processor and molds for the tartlets (silicone or individual).
- Soak the cashew nuts for several hours or overnight. Then rinse them.
- In the food processor process all the ingredients for the dough until you obtain a flour in which the nuts start to release their oil. The dough has to be a loose dough.
- Put the dough in the molds as a base and also on the sides, press it well so that it sticks together.
- In the food processor or in a powerful blender put the cashew nuts, lemon juice, orange juice, orange zest and process until you get a smooth cream. Add the melted coconut oil and sweeten to taste.
- Put the filling in the mold, on top of the dough. Smooth it.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer (if you want to keep them for several days, in this case take them out about 15 minutes before eating). Garnish with a quarter slice of orange and some grated zest.