Cod and oranges salad
Today we recommend alight, healthy and easy to prepare salad - with our oranges, of course!
We thank Pati Ventana for this delicious recipe. Visit her blog Divina Cocinawhere you will find many great and creative recipes. It's worth spending some time to get inspired and try new recipes.
Cod and orange salad
Ingredients (per person):
- 100 gr dried cod in crumbs or cod in crumbs already desalted (to the point of salt).
- fresh spring onion
- half an orange from citrusricus.com
- black olives
For the dressing:
- extra virgin olive oil
- sweet paprika (optional)
- Soak the cod (if it is salted) for a few hours until it is well desalted. If it is desalted cod we use it directly.
- Peel the orange removing all the white and cut it into slices. Place the orange slices in a bowl.
- Add the crumbled cod and the chopped spring onion.
- Dress the salad. The point of salt should be given by the cod, but if it is very desalted it may be necessary to add a little.
- The spring onion can be sautéed in a little oil instead of adding it raw.
- Another way to dress this salad is to make a fried garlic in olive oil and sprinkle the salad with it, mixing well, adding a little sherry vinegar or not, according to taste, or a pinch of paprika.
- It is also very tasty to serve this salad over some slices of boiled and peeled potato, it gives it more consistency and it is a perfect mixture.
- Instead of the traditional vinaigrette, try dressing with a very light mayonnaise or aioli.
Remojón granadino: The remojón granadino incorporates hard-boiled eggs along with oranges, olives, spring onions and cod. It is also chopped some garlic or rubbed with garlic the bowl or the source where we are going to serve it. A teaspoon of sweet paprika is added to the dressing.
Recipe from Cadiz: 1 kg of oranges, 150 gr of cod crumbs, 1 head of garlic, extra virgin olive oil and mint.
Peel and slice the garlic, roast and set aside. Wash the cod and let it soak for a few hours. Drain it and sauté it in olive oil. Clean of bones and crumble over the garlic. Peel the oranges and slice them, removing the pips and the white parts. Mix everything and add the oil little by little until it is well blended. Leave to macerate for twenty minutes and garnish with mint. Serve cold.
Enjoy this delicious cod and orange salad!
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our web page citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan in our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.
Photo: Divina Cocina