Orange, oat and chocolate cookies
Simple, delicious and orangeflavored... you will love these cookies. You can make them with your children, they will have a great time. Besides, they are very healthy, with whole wheat flour and oatmeal, and they do not contain sugar.
We want to thank Laura from the blog La Cazuela Vegana for this fantastic recipe. We recommend you to visit this blog, where you will find many original recipes, all of them delicious.
Orange, oatmeal and chocolate cookies
Ingredients (for approximately 15 units):
- 100 gr wholemeal spelt flour
- 100 gr of oat flakes
- 1/2 sachet of chemical yeast
- a pinch of salt
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 orange from citrusricus.com
- 4 tablespoons of agave syrup (or 100 grams of whole cane sugar)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 70 grams of chocolate chips (or a large piece that crumbles)
- Place the spelt flour in a bowl, along with the yeast, oat flakes, salt and orange zest. Mix everything well.
- Make a well in the middle and add the orange juice, the agave syrup and the oil. Stir everything well until a sticky but homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Now add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Moisten your hands a little in water and take small portions of the dough (the size of a walnut). Form small balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and gently flatten them with your fingers into a cookie shape.
- Place the tray in the oven, preheated to 210º C, at medium height. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool.
In an airtight tin they will keep for 5 - 6 days. Although you will surely eat them before. They are delicious, you will see.
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our web page citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan in our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.
All the pictures of La Cazuela Vegana