Vegan orange sponge cake
Today we bring you a delicious recipe suitable for vegans: vegan orange cake. orange cake.
We thank Maite from Antojoentucocina.com for her kind collaboration with this recipe. Visit her blog where you will find many more ideas to surprise your family with new recipes.
Below, we explain how to prepare this cake:
Ingredients for the vegan orange cake
- 200 gr flour (pastry flour)
- 100 grams of sugar
- 250 ml of hot water
- grated zest of one orange from citrusricus.com
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, orange or lemon extract (optional)
We also recommend this orange, beet and cheese salad
- First preheat the oven to 180ºC and place in the baking pan of your choice.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the hot water (do not boil) with the orange zest, juice, oil, vinegar and, optionally, the chosen extract.
- Then combine the contents of the two containers, do not overmix.
- Divide the batter into the molds and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when pierced with a toothpick. That's it! Just wait for it to cool a little.
Have you already tried these mini orange cheesecakesThey are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, sugar free and simply delicious!
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges,fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.