Orange blossom honey and its properties
Thousands of years ago, honey was used as a remedy, a beauty product and also as a means of payment. In the Araña Caves, in Valencia, there are cave paintings, dating from between 10,000 and 6,000 years ago, depicting the man from Bicorp collecting honey from wild bees.
Honey can contain up to 180 different substances and it seems that the secret lies in the combination of vitamins, minerals, pollen, trace elements, enzymes etc.
Orange blossom honey, also known as orange blossom honey, with its light amber color, soft aroma and creamy texture, provides numerous benefits to our organism. It keeps very well due to its hardness and stands out for its creaminess, sweetness and extraordinary aroma.
Benefits of orange blossom honey
- Antoixidants: According to a study by the University of Vienna, published in Analytical and bioanalytical Chemistry in 2011, the orange blossom honey contains the antioxidants quercetin, hesperitin, luteolin, kaempferol, galangin, naringenin and isorhamnetin. Thanks to these valuable substances, this honey has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti-cancer effects. In addition, it strengthens the immune system. Orange blossom honey helps protect you from free radicals and reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
- Sedative and antispasmodic effect: Honey helps you fall asleep and relaxes you. It is a good remedy in case of nervousness or anxiety. It is recommended for both adults and children.
- Antibacterial effect: It has been proven that orange blossom honey is very effective against some pathogens such as Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Salmonella enterica, as it has a very good antibacterial effect.
- Better tissue healing: Honey, in general, reduces infections and is an excellent remedy for healing wounds.
- Minerals: Orange blossom honey contains zinc, manganese, magnesium, boron, calcium, copper, potassium, selenium and sodium, all of which are important for general health.
Orange blossom honey can not only be used as a spread on bread, it is also delicious in herbal teas, jogurts, cereals, etc.
Honey, in general, is sensitive to heat and light, so it is recommended to store it in a dry, cool and dark place. Do not heat above 37º C.
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our web page citrusricus.com. To know more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan in our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.
Photo by culturavalenciana.blogspot.com.es