Orange, beet and cheese salad
This recipe is very healthy and delicious as a starter or also for dinner and is prepared easily and quickly. You can not miss our oranges with authentic, sweet and intense flavor.
Do you know all the advantages of our oranges? We recommend this article: Oranges - source of soluble fiber
We would like to thank Pati from Divinacococina for this delicious recipe. We recommend you to visit her blog where you will find many other ideas that you will love.
Ingredients for orange, beet and cheese salad.
For 2 persons:
- 100 gr of mixed lettuce
- 1 orange from citrusricus.com
- 150 g of fresh and soft cheese to taste (Burgos, Mozarella...)
- 100 g of cooked beet (or canned)
- 1 handful of pine nuts (or walnuts, chopped hazelnuts....)
Ingredients for the vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar of manana
- salt and pepper
- Peel the beet and cut into slices more or less thick to your liking.
- Peel the oranges and remove the white layer.
- Chop the cheese.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a frying pan without oil for a few seconds until they begin to color. Mix them with the vinaigrette. If you use other nuts, it is not necessary to toast them.
- Place the lettuces well washed and dried in a bowl.
- Place the beet slices, cheese and orange on top.
- Dress with the vinaigrette and serve.
If you prepare the salad in advance, place the beet slices just before serving so that they do not stain the whole dish red. Pour the vinaigrette just before serving so that the lettuce does not deteriorate.
Enjoy this salad, you'll love it!
Do you know why it is good to buy products directly from the producer? Here you will find different reasons.
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges, fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.
Photos by Divinacococina