Today we want to show you how to make this delicious orange cake made by butterinmyveins. You will see that it is a real pleasure to the palate, especially using our natural oranges from citrusricus.com.
To elaborate this cake we use both the peels of the orange and the juice freshly squeezed juice. As you probably already know, our oranges do not undergo any kind of chemical post-treatment and, therefore, you can use the orange peel without any problem.
The quantities are calculated for a small round mold of 20 cm in diameter. If you want to use a larger mold, we recommend using double the indicated quantity.
For the base:
- 100 g flour
- 30 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g butter shavings
For the cream:
- 200 g Crème-Fraîche
- 40 g sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 large spoon of cornstarch
- orange liqueur
- Let's start with the base. Mix well all the ingredients until you get a uniform dough. Form a ball and wrap it in transparent plastic wrap to keep it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Then flatten the dough with a rolling pin, grease the mold and place the dough in it. It is important to prick the base with a fork so that bubbles do not form. Then cover the mold with baking paper and place a couple of forks or spoons to fix the paper a little. Bake the base at a temperature of 180°C for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream. Wash the orange and the lemon and grate the zest of both fruits. Squeeze the juice from the orange and lemon. Mix all the ingredients except the starch, until the dough is creamy. At the end, add the starch little by little, mixing well and making sure there are no lumps. Now add a little orange liqueur and taste the result. If you wish, you can add a little more liqueur.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C. Pour the cream over the base of the cake in the mold. Then leave the cake in the oven for about 25 minutes more until the cream is done.
- Let the cake cool.
Now you can enjoy this delicious orange cake with your family or guests.
If you want to order Valencian oranges online home delivery, visit our website citrusricus.com. For know more about this world as well as all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan of our websitebecome a fan on our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.
We want to thank butterinmyveins for her kind collaboration.