Cheese and orange soufflé
This cheese and orange soufflé is a sweet dish but it can be eaten hot, even as a main course. This soufflé is spongy and delicate, with a mild flavor, and it is not so sweet... it is delicious and the preparation is very simple, try it!
Cheese and orangesoufflé
- 5 eggs
- 90 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 gr of soft cream cheese (whipped cheese or quark)
- zest of one orange
- juice of half an orange from citrusricus.com
- 1 sachet of vanilla-flavored custard
- a little oil or butter and breadcrumbs (or walnut or almond flour) to grease the mould
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks by placing each in a bowl.
- Beat the 5 egg whites with 20 g of sugar and a pinch of salt until stiff. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Beat the 5 egg yolks with 70 g of sugar until frothy.
- Add the cream cheese, the orange zest, the juice and the sachet of vanilla custard.
- At the end, mix the mixture carefully with the egg whites until stiff.
- Grease the mold with a little oil or butter and then sprinkle it with breadcrumbs or walnut (or almond) flour so that the soufflé does not stick.
- Pour the batter into the mold and bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately, the soufflé tends to turn down once it is taken out of the oven.
We recommend that you accompany this soufflé with oranges with a cherry compote.
It's ready to enjoy!
Surprise your family with this delicious and different recipe!
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our web page citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the newsand interesting recipes, become a fan of us on our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.