Orange scented lip ointment
With very few ingredients you can prepare your own lip pomade, completely natural with orange scent. You can use it in case of chapped lips or simply to moisturize them. The way to do it is very simple and quick, you will see that it is worth it.
Many balms that are sold contain petroleum derivatives and other substances that are harmful to health. Here is a very healthy and, at the same time, economical option.
Lip balm: Make it yourself!
- 50 g olive oil (or almond oil).
- 4 g beeswax
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom honey from citrusricus.com
- orange peel from citrusricus.com
- vitamin E capsule (optional)
- small jars to store the ointment
- Heat a little olive oil with the beeswax in a bain-marie. Add several pieces of orange peel (previously washed) so that it catches the aroma.
- Stir until the beeswax melts and then let it stand for at least half an hour.
- Remove the orange peel.
- Add the honey and stir well. It may be necessary to heat the mixture again a little.
- If you want, you can add the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Mix everything well.
- Then pour the liquid into the jars.
- Let it cool and the ointment is ready.
With this ointment you can take care of your lips and give them shine. It is also a perfect gift for a friend.
On this article you find more possibilities to make your own cosmetics from oranges. oranges.
We hope you liked this simple recipe!
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges, fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.