Orange-scented palm hearts
Today's recipe is very simple and quick to prepare, perfect to make with your children for a small snack. To make these delicious orange-scented palmeritas, you don't need to prepare anything, they are ready in no time and you will surely like them. In addition, you can use the orange peels for these pastries.
- 1 roll of puff pastry (square)
- about 2 tablespoons of sugar (it is also very tasty with brown sugar)
- about 1 tablespoon of orange zest or orange powder*.
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom (optional)
- chocolate (optional)
*Don't forget that in order to use the zest, you need oranges without any further chemical treatment like ours from citrusricus.com.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cover it with about two tablespoons of sugar (if you want it a little sweeter, use 3) and a tablespoon of orange zest or orange powder. If you want, you can add a teaspoon of cardamom which gives it a special flavor.
- Next, roll each end of the puff pastry halfway up and keep it for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Then cut slices about 1 centimeter wide.
- Prepare the baking tray with baking paper and place the puff pastry palms, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º for about 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned. You have to be careful because they burn quickly.
- Then let them cool on a wire rack.
- If you want, you can heat half a bar of chocolate in a bain-marie and paint or dip half of the palmeritas with the chocolate.
Now the orange-flavored palmeritas are ready.
Prepare yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy them!
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our web page citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan in our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.