The candied oranges can be used for different recipes, for example to decorate desserts and cakes, or for the "roscón de reyes" and also for some savory dishes. Another option is to dip them in chocolate, the result is delicious chocolates.
As you probably already know, our oranges from citrusricus.com do not have any type of subsequent chemical treatment and, therefore, you can use the orange peel without any problem.
This simple recipe from cocinasanayfacil You will love it, try it!
- 1 orange table orange from citrusricus.com
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 100 ml of water
- With a sharp knife or a slicing machine, we cut the orange into slices as thin as possible.
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and let the sugar dissolve.
- We take it to the fire and let it boil over medium to low heat for a couple of minutes. Add the orange slices to the pan one at a time so that they are bathed in the liquid and do not stick together.
- Let them cook over low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until a very thick syrup has formed and they have turned golden and shiny. If we do not have with what to cut them very thin and they are a little thicker, we double the water and cook them for twice as long or as long as we see necessary. Remove them to a bowl or plate and let them cool. We can also put them carefully on a rack to drain the syrup well. Once cool, put them in a container, cover them and keep them in the refrigerator. They will keep for several days. They can also be frozen.
CANDIED ORANGE PEELS
With the same procedure we prepare the candied orange peels that we use to add to cakes, biscuits and breads.
- We clean the peel very well and remove very thin strips with the potato peeler, making sure that they do not have any white.
- We put them together with the water and sugar to cook over low heat until a very thick syrup is made. The process will take about 15 minutes.
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our website citrusricus.com. For know more about this world as well as all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan of our websitebecome a fan on our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.
Thanks to cocinasanayfacil for the kind collaboration.