Steamed oranges with salt against coughs
Today we recommend a very effective home remedy for coughs: steamed oranges with salt . This simple recipe is great, even if your cough is resistant.
For this remedy it is important to use oranges without any further chemical treatment, as the peel is also used. Our oranges are perfect for this because, besides being natural, they contain a lot of juice.
Learn, below, how to prepare this cough remedy.
- 1 orange of citrusricus.com
- a little salt
- Wash the orange well.
- Cut off the upper part ("the top") of the orange.
- Then prick the flesh of the orange several times with a fork or a stick so that the salt can penetrate better.
- Then add a pinch of salt (approx. half a teaspoon) and place the top again as a lid. You can fix it with a stick.
- Next, place the orange in a bowl that can hold it well and heat it in a pan in a bain-marie.
- After about 20 - 30 minutes in the bain-marie, the remedy is ready.
- Wait a little while until the temperature is reduced and drink it still warm.
- The pulp of the orange must be soft to be able to eat it with a spoon. Also drink the juice that remains in the bowl with the orange, it is very salty but very good for the throat. The only thing you don't eat is the peel.
Even if the taste is not too good, this remedy is very effective against coughs, you will see .
In this article you can find another cold remedy:
Baked oranges - delicious and also very effective!
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, please visit our web page citrusricus.com. To find out more about this world as well as all the latest news and interesting recipes, become a fan on our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.