Salad with mandarin and carrots (with vegan option)
This salad is delicious as a starter or as a dessert, it is very easy to prepare and, as always, it stands out for the aroma of our delicious mandarins. You have to try it!
In addition, it is very healthy, can be integrated into any diet and is also suitable for vegans.
To prepare this salad you need the following ingredients:
- 2-3 mandarins from citrusricus.com
- 4 - 5 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey from citrusricus.com (for vegans the honey can be substituted for example by agave syrup)
- walnuts or sesame seeds
Did you know that tangerine peel has long been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine? Here you can read more about the benefits of tangerine peel.
The preparation couldn't be easier:
- Wash the tangerines well and grate the peel from one of them. As you know our mandarins do not receive any chemical treatment and therefore the peels can be used perfectly well.
- Squeeze the mandarins to obtain the juice.
- Peel the carrots and grate them.
- If you use an organic apple, it is not necessary to peel it. Grate the apple.
- Mix the mandarin juice with the honey and the mandarin zest and dress the salad with it.
- Serve this delicious salad with nuts or a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Tangerines are not only a pleasure for our palate, they are also very healthy: Tangerines - 5 benefits for skin, hair and health.
Surprise your family with new recipes and flavors!
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges,fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.