Delicious dessert: lemon mousse
Today we bring you a delicious recipe, very easy to prepare. This lemon mousse is the perfect dessert for any meal with family or friends.
We would like to thank Tamara from the blog Recericas for this recipe. There you will find many more easy to prepare and delicious recipes.
Our lemons are exquisite and do not have any further treatment, so you can use the peels without any problem to give a more intense flavor to this dessert.
If you want to know another way to take advantage of lemon peel, we recommend this article: Lemon peel tea.
Here we show you how to prepare this simple dessert:
- 2 lemons of CitrusRicus
- 3 eggs
- 30 g cornstarch (cornstarch)
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g butter
- 1 cup of water
You will see how easy this recipe is:
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Mix well the yolks, sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Add the grated lemon zest and juice.
- Cook everything over low heat for about 5 minutes until it becomes thick.
- When the first bubbles start to appear, i.e. before boiling, remove from the heat.
- Add the butter and let the cream cool.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Once the cream has cooled, slowly and carefully add the whipped egg whites until the lemon mousse is formed and there are no traces of the white of the egg whites.
- Keep the cream in the refrigerator for about 3 hours. Then the lemon mousse is ready to serve.
We also recommend this recipe with our oranges: Vegan orange cake.
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges, fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.
Photo by Recericas.