Delicious orange butter
Orange butter is delicious with both sweet and savory dishes. Here you will find different recipes: We recommend sweet butter for breakfast spread on bread or sponge cake. Savory butters give a special flavor to meat, fish or baked potatoes - try it with asparagus or barbecued meat or fish! You can also use them to prepare canapés or sandwiches.
All recipes are prepared in the same way: Take the butter out of the refrigerator a couple of hours before using it. Wash the orange and dry it before grating the peel. Beat the butter until fluffy and incorporate all the other ingredients. If you have one, you can use a food processor to prepare these recipes. Store the butter in the refrigerator to harden.
To shape the butter, you can use aluminum foil or baking paper: Use it to form a roll that you can then store in the refrigerator or freeze to use at your convenience.
1. Honey butter and orangezest
- 250 g butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar cane (if you want the butter a little sweeter, you can increase the quantity)
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest or orange powder*
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
*Don't forget that you need oranges without any further treatment like ours from citrusricus.com to be able to use the peel.
2. Black pepper and orange butter
- 250 g butter (at room temperature)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or orange powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped black pepper
Rosemary and orange butter
- 250 g butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice from citrusricus.com
- 1 sprig rosemary (washed and finely chopped)
- a pinch of pepper and a pinch of salt
- a pinch of cayenne
Create your own combinations - even with parsley, chives or other ingredients, orange butter is delicious!
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, please visit our web site citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan in our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.