Carrot and orange sponge cakes (low in fat and carbohydrates, sugar free)
These rich sponge cakes are delicious and, in addition, very healthy. Low in fat and carbohydrates and sugar free, juicy and orange scented.
Thanks to Rosanna from the blog Cosasconencanto for her kind collaboration with this fantastic recipe. We recommend you to visit this blog, we are sure you will love it.
- 125 g finely grated carrots (2 large or 3 small carrots)
- grated peel of an orange from citrusricus.com
- 100 g of ground hazelnuts (or walnuts, almonds...)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 70 g of tagatose (or 85 g of agave syrup). If you want to make it with brown sugar it would be 125 g.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- First preheat the oven to 170º C.
- Then, separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the yolks with the tagatose (or syrup or sugar) and the orange juice until a thick and fluffy mixture is obtained.
- Stir in the carrots, orange peel and hazelnuts.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the previous mixture in a folding motion.
- Then add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Pour into a mold or individual molds, previously greased with butter (if they are not silicone). Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. You can test with a wooden toothpick if it is done.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- You can sprinkle with sweetened cocoa if you like.
Enjoy this delicious cake with carrot and orange!
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges, fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.
All photos from cosasconencanto.blogspot.com.es