Vegetable rice pudding with orange flavor
Today we recommend a delicious dessert that is also suitable for vegetarians and all those people with lactose intolerance: Rice with vegetable milk and orange flavor
We prepare the classic rice but with vegetable milk and our delicious oranges that give it a very special flavor. Try it, it is a very easy to prepare dessert that is loved by young and old alike!
For breakfast we recommend this sweet recipe: Pumpkin and orange muffins (with vegan option).
- 250 g round rice
- 1 liter of vegetable milk (we have used homemade almond milk)
- 1 orange from citrusricus.com
- 120 g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick or a little cinnamon powder (preferably Ceylon cinnamon)
Have you already tried this recipe? We recommend it, it is very easy and delicious: Orange chicken with sesame
- Wash the orange well and grate the peel. Next, squeeze the orange.
- Wash the rice well and soak it for about half an hour.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable milk with the sugar, stirring well. Add the cinnamon, the grated rind and the orange juice.
- Once it is hot, add the rice. Stir with a wooden spoon until the rice is cooked.
- Prepare the rice pudding in serving bowls. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and let it cool in the refrigerator.
A perfect dessert for young and old!
Don't miss this article: Tangerines - 5 benefits for skin, hair and health.
If you like this article and want to learn more about oranges or other citrus fruits, please sign up for our blog (top right). If you want to buy online the best Valencian oranges,fresh and just picked from the tree, to use in your recipes, visit our website citrusricus.com . To keep up to date and leave us your comments and photos, you can participate in our community on facebook.