Orange essential oil
This essential oil of orange you will love it. Its preparation is very easy and has numerous therapeutic applications. It is extracted from orange peel, which is very healthy for our organism. If you want to know more about the benefits of orange peel, we recommend you this article.
This essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy to calm emotions and create a feeling of optimism and happiness. It helps us to combat stress and provide general well-being. Orange essential oil has many therapeutic properties, some of them are: antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, sedative, antiseptic, relaxing, antispasmodic, etc.
- It can be applied on small cuts or wounds to prevent infections thanks to its antiseptic properties.
- In case of cramps or muscle spasms, a massage with essential oil of this delicious fruit is recommended.
- It is perfect as an air freshener. It can be used in a burner or you can also fill a diffuser bottle with water and add a few drops of the oil. It provides a fresh and sweet aroma to any room in your home.
- For relaxation, we recommend a warm bath with a few drops of orange essential oil.
- You can also mix olive or almond oil with a few drops of orange essential oil to obtain an excellent massage oil.
- Orange essential oil is also very useful for making different cosmetics.
This recipe for making orange essential oil is from unComo.com, from here we want to thank them for their kind collaboration. Be sure to visit the website of unComo, you will find many recipes and articles on health, beauty and leisure.
The skin of oranges from www.citrusricus.com can be perfectly exploited since they are natural fruits and do not carry any type of subsequent chemical treatment.
How to make orange essential oil?
Ingredients: Orange peels and vodka.
The first step to make orange essential oil is to peel the oranges to extract the peel. Try not to leave any traces of the whitish layer on the orange peel, you can scrape them all off. Also note that the more orange peels you use, the more intense the essential oil will be.
Now, take a glass jar or jar with a lid so that you can close it later. Put the orange peels in the jar and add the vodka until it covers the peels completely. Close the glass jar tightly and shake it vigorously for a few seconds.
Once this is done, you should place the glass jar in a dark and cool place for the orange peels to macerate in the vodka for at least a week. It is convenient that in those days, shake the bottle for a few seconds in order to obtain the highest possible content of orange essential oil.
After the one-week period has elapsed, you should strain the mixture of oranges and vodka. To do this, take a container, put a coffee filter on top, pour the mixture from the bottle and remove the orange peels. Place the container with the orange liquid in a well-ventilated space so that the alcohol evaporates.
- After a few days, when we notice that the liquid does not smell of alcohol, we will have our orange essential oil ready to bottle and use. Keep it in a jar with a lid and, if possible, dark. This way you will be able to preserve all its properties.
We hope you liked this recipe easy to prepare and multiple uses and therapeutic properties.
If you want to order Valencian oranges online at home, visit our web page citrusricus.com. To learn more about this world as well as to know all the news and interesting recipes, become a fan of us on our Facebook or subscribe to our blog.
Cover image: otramedicina.imujer.com